The IR Short Wave emitter is characterized by high heating power and it is particularly recommended in those cases where is important to have a fast response switching on and off time.
The main characteristics of IR Short Wave emitters are:
- Twin tube standard section: 18 x 8 mm – 22 x11 mm – 33 x15 mm
- Radiation peak in the range of 1,1 – 1,4µm
- 80 W/cm maximum density of nominal power (to be verified in prototype phase)
- 200 kW/m2 maximum surface power density
- Filament Response time to Switch on /off 1- 2 seconds
- Horizontal working position but on request there is also the possibility to design vertical working emitters
- Possibility to apply a reflector directly on the quartz tube, to better convey and focus all the energy emitted on the material.
Helios Quartz can design the right IR emitter with the peak radiation wavelength matching the optimal absorption curve of the material to be heated; this allows you to obtain the most efficient heating process with less energy consumption.
Helios Quartz Technical Department can realize twin tube IR emitters with different filament configuration. This allows an extraordinary flexibility both in term of heated area modularity and cables position. In the picture below there are represented some of the most common filament configuration.
Helios quartz can also provide IR Short Wave single tube emitters, in the following configurations: